Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Things That Are Great

I'm going away tomorrow, so in order to meet my contractual requirements of this blog and satisfy my substantial following, I've thrown together some things to intrigue and entertain you while I'm away:


1. Svensk! It's my new Swede pop music night happening next thursday at The Sparrow in Toronto. There's no excuse NOT to come, basically, if you live in Ontario or closer. Sparrow, incidentally, was also an episode of Opening Soon, which to those who know me well, realize this is also Great.



2. Montréal, or more specifically Schwartz's Deli and Boustan. Which is where I'll be over the weekend. This city is bitching, and everyone should basically spend more time there. Because I said so.



3. Malajube. Also from Montréal, they will be on the NP's Top 10 of 2006. I won't tell you where in the list. Look for it soon. These guys were very friendly when I hobbled backstage to say hi on my busted foot.


4. The Rufus Wainwright April Fool's Video. Rufus also of course hails from Montréal, and this clip has always had a soft spot in my heart. Not only featuring references to many famous opera deaths, it harkens back to day when Gwen Stefani was still doing waitress cameos.


5. Boney M. The kick is still going strong.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a little kid in B.C., I was lucky enough to have my own circa early 70's all-in-one stereo with an 8-track. I had a small collection of 8-track tapes, but the one that stands out most in my mind was Boney M.'s 'Nightflight to Venus'. Set off my imagination (the sound design/effects) and passion for music. Funny seeing that there...

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drove to IKEA on the weekend, while listening to Peter, Bjorn and John. Then I ate some Swedish meatballs, picked out some Swedish goods and even finished of the trip with some Swedish coffee... I think I'm offically ready for this party!

10:41 AM  
Blogger YO! said...

great to hear...but is the world ready, I wonder?

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home