Monday, June 13, 2005

Crucial

it didn't seem like a standout track to me when I first got Joyful Rebellion some time ago, but over time, in the true testament of great albums, songs rise up slowly that you earlier didn't pay attention to.

sure it is the current single, and he did perform it at the junos (despite the pleas of producers for 'Crabbuckit'), and maybe it was the live experience that sparked something, only for me to really get Crucial a couple of months after the fact.

the song has a fantastic foundation, as k-os says in the liner notes (and very few songs in the book get such discussion), it was the bassline that inspired the rest of the song, with a somewhat reggae rhythm guitar and an almost spanish lead, everything is in its place for his fantastic vocal performance. crucial is crucial. (though my top pick is still the anthemic hallejulah)

1 Comments:

Blogger Webgrrl74 said...

I love'r' the entire CD..(and would also have to say that Hallelujah was the track that blew me away the most when I first heard it)

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home