Saturday, June 11, 2005

nxne * 2



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Inward Eye at Reverb

Stepped into the Holiday Inn yesterday to catch some of the Bruce Cockburn celebrity interview, and was impressed with his candour and candid (and oftentimes really funny) responses. For someone perceived as always weighing the heavy issues of the day, Bruce is never far away from lightening things up a lot too.

Last night was a shorter one-indicative of previous griping-which was confirmed by those I ran into. The Manitoba BBQ was sweltering in both temperature and response, with Mood Ruff's Garfield spinning (did I hear Usher?). Caught up with a lot of great people and had a very good (if sweaty) time. Us prairie folk die in humidity.

Later headed for Reverb (along with 9/10ths of Toronto's music industry) for Inward Eye-a band I've discussed before and certainly holds a great deal of discussion both here and south of the border. The brothers Erickson did not disappoint a rather static crowd, with sweat practically running down the stairs and out on the street below. With these guys, if has long been passed by in favour of when.

Also took some video of the show with the fancy new SD300 and if I find a way to put it up I will.

tonight it looks like I'll be camped out at Lee's for True North night.

later gators!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's MY camera! Good choice, amigo. Hopefully I'll see you out tonight.... if not, it was because the humidity makes me lazy (not my fault)...

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home