Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hank Snow

in honour of the legend-let's move on to various business of the days ahead!

Over the past few weeks I've been watching HBO's Angels in America the ambitious 6-part Mike Nichols project which originally aired on that network in late '03.

With a budget of $60M(!) and a truly allstar cast of Pacino, Streeep, Emma Thompson and others, it is rare to see something of this scale launched for TV-but the sheer length of the original play demanded a mini series format.

Though I'm only about 1/2 way through now, I would say the series is very engaging but also difficult in parts, as supernatural elements mix very fluidly with the natural, creating the oft-repeated feeling of "what the hell is going on?" throughout.

Nonetheless, I'm sticking with it and looking forward to the conclusion. If you missed the first few weeks I'd more than suspect Showcase will repeat it soon enough. (Also of note-Canada is one of the last countries in the developed world to air the series, a full year behind Sweden and others!)

Coming up this weekend is promoter wunderkid Eric Warner's Over The Top Festival which I hope everyone gets a piece of over the weekend. I'll be at Sneaky's friday and saturday, by the looks of it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hitting some of tonight's opening night festivities at the Poor Alex

Chad VanGaalen
Boom Bip
Mice Parade

Can't wait! You should come check it out.

2:44 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

don't know man, gotta catch some L word!

but let me know how it goes!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home