Tuesday, May 03, 2005

give up

You know it's not all reportage here-granted I throw a LOT of editorial into any given show recap, but sometimes I might just indulgently throw myself into the personal, and there's nothing you can do about it!

SO sometimes you just have to suck it up and throw the towel in. I hate doing it, giving up, as I guess the eternal (naive?) optimist in me always hopes for the best, but sometimes the harsh, blinding daylight that is reality sets in and the formerly avoidable becomes unavoidable.

I think in the past I've maybe given up on things too early, where maybe if I can put my foot down and been a bit more assertive something more may have developed-chases can be a give and take, and a lot of those out there resist as a first reaction. God knows I have. But when does the effort for trying to win over come off as desperate or creepy? This I don't know, and thus why I've generally always erred on the side of stepping off, and moving on.

The prospect of dying alone scares a lot of people into not-so-great situations, and I wonder if at some point that'll happen to me.

Nah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, come on man. Don't give up on me! Haha.

Seriously though. Give me a shout.

6:57 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

hey! are you moving to nigeria?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Webgrrl74 said...

There's always a risk for coming off as creepy or desperate even if you're not. However, I've also learned that it's usually the fault of the person you're approaching and what their issues are. *shrugs*
Be yourself.. and never get into those not-so-great situations.. life's too short as it is to deal with things like that. Settling is for the birds.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home