Tuesday, May 23, 2006

bizzz-eeeee


To the faithful departed.

WHOA busy these days. real busy. bussy, even.

SO...I was in Minnesota for the last few days, visiting the 'fam, and it was a really good time down there, as always. NO pictures, unfortunately, as I'm a bit of an idiot, I guess.

we caught wolfmother on saturday at the Fine Line, and they were, you guessed it-rather bitchin', though honestly, a little tough to take completely seriously what with the 8-minute EVERY songs and all. But the crowd was sauced, and into it in their always too-polite (famously mocked by Julian from the Strokes) applautive nature. I make up words here because I can!

I've spent more time in Minneapolis than any other US city, pretty much solely because of my brother's move there 8(!) years ago now. The city has always had pretty intensive growth compared to my home town, so that impressed, and even now it's roaring up downtown residential development on a level approaching Toronto's.

This development helped blow out beloved Let It Be Records, eulogized in the city's weekly City Pages as "an oasis of crazed music enthusiasm in an increasingly sterile downtown". Every city needs a Let It Be, and I have to say I think a lot less of ones that boot them out. We once ran into Noel Gallagher there, maybe because it was one of the only cooler places to hang out in the expansive shopping district. Now what? I highly doubt we'll see him quaffing Sam Adams at the Applebee's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home