Tuesday, May 02, 2006

ill shit


Plastic Little? Ill. Stolen from thecjm, who doesn't have as good a lawyer as me.

On a scale of 1 to ill, the show this past friday at the Boat was very ill. It was intensely varied, from Garbage! Violence! Enthusiam!'s sub-psychotic (and literal) destruction, to Varge's metallic intensity, to the Doers' flippant acoustic basslines and Ninja High School's sweaty hysterics, it really was an amazing show.

But just prior to NHS, two dudes grabbed mics and started rhyming, acapella, with a track that followed quickly in. This was Philly's Plastic Little, who went on to basically burn the house down. If and when they come back, let's hope it will be with Spank Rock. 2006 is now the year of filthy hip hop.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was dead tired that night and even passed on a friend's gallery opening. Still, from the reviews I've read I'm a little miffed that I missed such a show! *grumble*

But my question is, was that you filming some 8mm shit at The Boat????

9:11 AM  
Blogger YO! said...

somewhat famously, apparently, yes.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plastic Little? Ill. Stolen from thecjm, who doesn't have as good a lawyer as me.

That reminds me, I'm sending this month's bill by autogyro...

10:59 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

make that team of lawyers, I guess.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home