Tuesday, October 04, 2005

on the road

I'm hardly nomadic, but 3 moves in as many years counts for something, I reckon.

the move itself was smooth, with some of the most fashionable help I've ever seen lugging boxes and dresser drawers. thanks guys! after that, we went to Lakeview, which is about 2 blocks away from my new place and had lunch with DFA, which, I reckon, was pretty cool. the parents ate twice more there over the weekend, so they must have been really impressed with either the food or the clientele-not sure which yet. Jay from Sloan lives down the street, as does Sarah Polley, and possibly Ron Sexsmith-good company to keep, I reckon.

the place itself is cozy, but a great cozy. saturday brought us back to etobi-co where a new fancy wardrobe and rock and roll metal stereo cabinet (silver) were acquired. more more more consumption and materialistic leanings over the weekend. I now need to hit at least 2-3 anti-globalization rallies soon to make up for all of this. seriously!

we also took in Billy Crystal's 700 Sundays, and it was very, very great.

the commute! through the park in the mornings, it's absolutely gorgeous right now. photo-worthy, even. right now, it's all much more than nice, I reckon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to see 700 Sundays. But I couldn't justify the ticket prices since I currently owe people money. :( Good for you though... heh.

1:38 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

seriously, get stool tickets if you can...($25ish?), they looked not all that un-comfy (for stools).

1:48 PM  
Blogger T-O-M said...

Send me your address + things, or else I will have a coffee mug made with Matthew and Jill on it, hugging, with a speech bubble coming out of both of their mouths saying: "Sip the gooey sweet nectar of our love, Paul".

3:45 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

you'll be getting my mass email update shortly, yo. please hold off on the mug!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home