Friday, September 23, 2005

the score

it's been busy. a move is in the cards next week, the latest in 13 months, and I'm really looking forward to my new place and neighbourhood, which brings me closer to nature, work, and eventual student debt freedom!

props out to the brother who turns a whopping 33 today! shocking!

the thorough for the records has a review of Annie/Royksopp from earlier this week, and in my interests of laziness, I pretty much agree with everything said. although:

a) Heartbeat is especially weak live and confirms (contrary to Pitchfork) it's far from her greatest song
b) white dread dudes don't help the cool factor
c) there is some great production there, but a live bass would do wonders.

there was also way too much Rev being consumed by people at the show, so I left a little early. despite advances.

cheers

2 Comments:

Blogger T-O-M said...

And God said unto Ishmael: "Thou shalt not be a white guy with dreads, for they are silly and ridiculous, and I hearest that they rub dog poo unto their hair to make it look like that."

1:15 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

totes.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home