Sunday, September 25, 2005

upheaval

the news was broken to me late friday aft.-my job is going to be changing in a pretty big way, and from my perspective, very much for the better! though everything still has to be confirmed completely, things for me will be a lot more consolidated at some point in October with new room for me to do more of my own thing as well. rockin'

that change marks just yet another in this month which sees me relocating south-west at the end of the week, amongst other things...the path remains a winding one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

last night we checked out A History of Violence, which is spare, sparse and yet very dense thematically. the moments of extreme violence are sort of played for comedy, as they reference typical American action moves and movies. with a number of a-list faces on screen, you expect big american production values (cliches?), but they're not there, and that creates a sort of disconnect for the audience through the whole thing. it's hard how to take the occasionally wooden dialogue-surely it's not a slip-up-and where Cronenberg is going with things.

but that's the thing, even though it's probably his most 'accessible' film since The Fly way back, he's wrapped these big American stars in something that's a lot more layered than first meets the eye. (I think).

1 Comments:

Blogger Webgrrl74 said...

PG- That's amazing! Congrats.
So, where do I send my resume?

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home