Tuesday, September 06, 2005

west coast = hott.



from the last time I visited vancouver (around age 5 or so) I can distinctly remember 2 things, and not a lot more:

1) the blue and white stripes of Granville Island.
2) poking some kid in the eye with a stick on the beach.

that said, only one of these two events reoccurred this time out, but in lieu of any eye-poking, a great time was totally had on my part.

what made it so good was in part my hosts, who are a lot of fun and like to do a lot of the same stuff, like shop for chapstick. they live in amazing neighbourhoods with easy access to the best parts of their cities, so having a great time was rather a given.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also met some cool folks I've known through work, and trucked home a sizeable box of cds as a result. they did a great job of filling me in on everything going music-wise in their city. the big scoop? mountain will replace wolf as the de rigeur band name word. a visit to UBC on thursday confirmed for me that random buses can get you just about anywhere, and it is a more than suitable campus for more studies down the line(?) we'll see.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
guitar tornado

the EMP in Seattle is a very cool and informative experience, though I confirmed in visiting there that my drum fills need a lot more work. Seattle is amazingly like San Francisco in terms of hills and incredible beach views and boardwalks, and like SF, sans smog.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the EMP's ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home