Sunday, August 28, 2005

notes


jon rae
is a revelation. not that anybody else needs to confirm it, but he and his wonderful band are the real deal. the choir, which opened the show, only made things more amazing.

my favourite parts are when he lets loose on his own ferocious and haunting wail, which on record reminds of neil young and hank williams the senior, and isn't really in search of specific notes so much as an emotional expression.

it is an awesome sight to take in, and esp. dance to. oh yes. the GLS faced a louded typical toronto audience, and as I discussed with T, would a seater show work better? perhaps yes. Akron/Family had tremendous points as well, notably the severe explosion I experience downstairs that sounded like the bar had been blown to bits,and when you can't resist moving that's alway a great sign.

later this week sees me in vancouver/seattle. expect photos of me riding orcas and whatnot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home