Friday, March 11, 2005

ARGH! jetsblow!

the events of the past 12 hours or so have proven that media and the way we get our information and deal with it has changed immensely. I was getting ready to pack it in last night, I flicked on the computer and came across an earlier version of this story, which was of major interest to me given my upcoming flight back home on the 31st. I tried to corroborate the story with other canadian online news sites (and tv) to no avail, and ended up making the call to book a new flight on westjet just in case this was the real deal. as a call from my dad this morning confirmed, dammit it was!

so I'm likely out $150, and my new flight was a bit more than the old one, but at least I was able to re-book whereas I know of others know who will not be doing so for the same trip I'm making. a few years ago, I would've only heard the story this morning and been busy making calls all day to find a new flight. in this case, I knew of and went to plan B about 8 hours before the pack. thanks internet!

oh, and the story broke too late for all the newspapers to get it in-as another generation is raised away from print media, how long can it last in its current form?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home