Sunday, February 20, 2005

curse you kaiser chiefs!

gah! it's sunday and I'm still sick, as this nasty thing inside me has adapted to my cacophony of life brand cold medication and found new regions of my body to torment! no (obvious) signs of dysentery yet though, so that's ok.

but yes, I blame the kaiser chiefs for all this as they dragged me out to the el mo to stand with a bunch of nme-prying/bbc6-adoring folk, and a relatively full house at that for a tuesday night, despite some ill-advised kids who set up chairs and a table(!) in front of the stage. Davy Dog showed them. uncut was alright and the dials finished strong after a decently uninteresting set. the chiefs? first impression was a low-rent hives crossed with the abrasiveness/hatability of the killers, but their completely infectious first couple of songs forced me to stick around, and then brave the rainy walk all the way home (thanks ttc!).

res on wednesday was almost all great, esp. soulwax, rjd2, and a very fascinating old man named murray hill. here's hoping the screening series becomes a truly monthly affair.

this'll likely cause me to pass on t&s/lindy tonight, which bugs me as I so enjoy their banter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home