Tuesday, March 08, 2005

against blogspeak

a few of my friends got a blog over a year ago when the whole blog thing really hit the masses. I at the time was unfamiliar (and therefore resistant) to the idea and proceeded to note:

1) people rarely keep it up
2) even if they do, the blog-speak is freakin' annoying!

I think it's the monologue style of the writing that causes this, but it's really hard to not come off as some soothsayer making broad proclamations about everything all the time. here's my commitment to avoid that, but I love the inside references, so watchit! seriously, it's weird, I'm not sure how to handle this-blogs should have a more conversational aspect-the comments are too reactionary and rarely provide a real discourse.

ah well

1 Comments:

Blogger Wardo said...

Most blogs are also:

1.) Foreign language
2.) Advertisements
3.) Written by morons you don't want to talk to

So the cross-section of good material to read is small...so small...

-A

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home