Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Bobcat



Kind of obsessed!

When I first moved to TO and caught the endless promos on TV during Jays
games for his show I was like, 'who is this dick anyway?'. Conversations with more
sports-minded friends who grew up with McCown let me in on that the whole
constant sunglasses thing was just part of a sort of 'badass persona' which came
off as pretty cheesy to me.

7 years later...that promo is still on during Jays games (I have probably unwillingly
seen it thousands of time) and perhaps through repetition I'm actually seeking
out Prime Time's podcasts and even doing the unthinkable if I'm around-watching
a radio show on TV!

I guess I've built an appreciation for:
1) The man himself, in particular his willingness to take a clear stance on any subject
2) His phrasing, esp. the use of pauses which are second to none in radio
3) The Gets. The show continually lands many of the biggest or most relevant
names tied to the story of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home