Wednesday, November 16, 2005

when does a hunter...

...become a MURDERER?

last week a skinned and decapitated body was found in the basement of my parent's house.

the victim was a common field mouse, and the prime suspect was the family cat, who is normally a very lackadasial middle-aged diabetic, but has a knack for finding mice when they're in the house.

previous instances (it's happened maybe 2 or 3 times in her 11 years) involved a nearly perfectly intact dead mouse being 'presented' at the bottom of the basement stairwell. icky yes, but nothing terrible.

this latest grizzly homicide suggests the family pet is taking a mean twist in her older age...and I'll never see her the same when I'm back for the holidays. could a human be next?

oh and the mouse head has yet to be found...

3 Comments:

Blogger Webgrrl74 said...

Can I tell you how happy I am that there was no picture to illustrate this entry?

4:37 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

I think we're all better off not knowing...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Webgrrl74 said...

I have bad news for you though...it gets worse as they age (but they get a bit slower too). We've seen our cat running through the yard with a baby rabbit once:( but the biggest shock was when she turned up at the door with a snake! *ack*
I mean really...

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home