Friday, November 25, 2005

mushalligator

So the LaCoste cologne ad featuring Feist's Mushaboom has hit the airwaves here after playing in the UK for a few months now, as I've seen it the last 2 nights on Showcase.

Such a song does certainly catch my attention, and hey, I'm talking about it right now so I guess it was effective. My friends who were watching with me last night was also sort of unsettled by it, as we tend to be when our favourite artists' music shows up in unexpected places.

For perspective, there were reports last year that she turned down McDonald's (for likely way more money) for the very same song. Think about Feist selling your kids happy meals (Mushaboom does have that sort of ring to it...) and maybe LaCoste doesn't seem so bad. Or is it even intrinsically a bad thing? Feist should and deserves to be a major star, I'd just prefer that doesn't happen thanks to fast food.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally saw this. I don't quite know how I feel about it yet...

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home