Sunday, July 24, 2005

wrap it up

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kid Koala spins for the kids and old folks

THE WRAP

returned to the "reno'd" and re-opened dance cave on friday night with a mixed group of friends on hand for some dance action. not sure what they've done with the place, save for maybe adding an extra 'exit' sign near the back so we won't all perish in an evitable blaze there. less broken glass on the floor was another notable improvement. also ran into rochelle outside afterwards and a 'peg reunion dinner be in the cards.

also took in Yes earlier, and Cheryl has a review here in her new work-related (sorta) bloggo. I would tend to mostly disagree with her comments though, as I found it a little too reliant on the concept (a mix of rhyming verse, with poetry-like cadences), as I also did for Memento's own concept. But then, I really wanted to see Pete Tong anyways.

Sat had us at harbourfront for Kid Koala, who in my estimates I have now seen about 5 times in the past 3 years or so. Much of the same charm as always from him, with the Moon River and Drunk Trumpet sequences easily winning over a quite large and fairly new-t0-him crowd. Two large screens on either side aided in revealing his talents on handling the 4 decks, and today many more seniors and babies in the GTA appreciate him, I am certain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home