Sunday, May 22, 2005

recovery

poor circulation? what does it mean when your hand has that slept-on-it tingliness at all hours? for 2 days now?

this can't be good.

Friday held the 3rd and final visit to kool haus for the week, with probably the smallest audience on hand for kasabian, a band who I passed on last time as they were playing on my exact birthday. we arrived-or should I say stumbled-into the club just as mad action was saying their goodnights, and frankly the next 90 minutes or so of my life can only be documented from me as a maddening blur.

I do remember accidentally knocking heads with at least 2, maybe 3 people. I do remember set closer Club Foot, and leaving shortly thereafter but I don't remember personal favourite and summer rock-anthem-to-be LSF. where the hell was it? (the encore, I am assuming).

the night only denigrated from there. regrets? yes I have a few, but then again, too few to mention.

SATURDAY built the promise of a better day, though the after effects of friday were still very much following me around. that would include dinner at Trimuti with friends, and then even more excitingly, off to Atom Egoyan's new cine-bar Camera, where we took in Memoria Del Saqueo in the back theatre.

the film documents Argentina's ongoing economic and political crises, from a unique view of the people, and a less than flattering portrayal of those in charge over the years. filmed in DV and loaded with aggressive titling, it comes off as a bit much (perhaps reinforced by the theatre starting with about 20 people and having just my group present by the end!) and maybe 30min. too long. it's a fascinating and troubled story, I hope better smoother documents of the events come out sooner than later.

camera itself was fairly quiet but has great ambience and decent drink prices. and I will definitely be keeping tabs on further screenings there.

lastly, molson's doing the blind date thing again, with oasis. june 16th? I would've thought here, but it may very well end up here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Webgrrl74 said...

Dang. Tingling.... hmmmm. Yeah, I'd go with poor circulation.
Looking forward to hearing the news about the site! Good Job!
M.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which hand is it?

4:16 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

hey kids!

thanks for your concern! it's righty. but sensation has returned to all but my pinky, so it's good. so far...

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Oasis are actually playing at the Kool Haus on June 15th.

10:08 PM  
Blogger YO! said...

...so you getting me in?

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home