Saturday, April 09, 2005

CIUT FUNdss

Was at CIUT today for more fund drive-related volunteering. One great thing about these things is you always meet great people who are also like-minded in the frame of community radio and all things cool.

It also marked my unintended on-air debut on the station-which was a real blast-on the show ba.ba.eh.mama. Some really cool shows on the saturday schedule there that give dnto a run for its money I hope!

I'll be back for the fund drive finale sunday night, and I really encourage everyone to tune in AND become a member for a very worthwhile station.

As for Slash last night, not sure if we could have been further from the action, but it was very cool to be in the 'Centre' (ugh) nonetheless. A close second to Slash was the constant flow of Rogers promotional materials that made their way down to the brand spanking new playing field. Thanks Ted!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I mention that my sleeping schedule is all fucked up? That's why I didn't make it Friday (woke up at 8:00pm - didn't bother calling). Too bad I missed Slash, but what was with all those paper airplanes? A little disrespectful to the players... But I hate Rogers so it's all good! Did you guys stay till the very end (Jays made it interesting in the 9th)?
What time you on the radio tonite?

8:10 AM  
Blogger YO! said...

that's ok uncy, ET's sending collecting agents after you though...

I'll be at the station from 8pm to midnite. D&B and punk show methinks...

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home