Thursday, August 06, 2009

on reading things (online)




The biggest thing I got out of an interview on (where else?) Charlie Rose with Amazon's Jeff Bezos was Bezos describing reading from a computer as staring directly into a light for extended periods of time-I'm paraphrasing there, but the general idea is really simple and plain as day and right in front of our faces. As such, Amazon's Kindle uses technology different from traditional monitors significantly reducing eye strain etc.

It will be interesting to see if the same technology is later applied to monitors, as I'm sure most of us who spend our days staring into the light might appreciate something better. I personally find white backgrounded sites the worst, naturally, and have taken to switching to a darker gmail theme-though that might be as hard or even worse on my eyes? Just guessin' science here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home